Saturday, June 13, 2009

CC3 - The Smugglers 3



It's taken a while, and it's taken a lot longer than I thought it would, but my viewing experience has finally been sullied by a poor quality reconstruction of a missing story. This isn't the fault of the good folks at Loose Cannon, but the copy I have of The Smugglers seems to be about an seventh or eighth generation copy of a poor quality VHS copy.

It's frustrating, naturally, because I can barely hear the audio during each episode, especially during the film location sequences (of which there are a few in the final two episodes). There seems to be a fair amount of backroom dealings going on, though; but, thus far, not as much swashbuckling as I'd like to see in a story set in 17th century Cornwall.

However, despite the audio-visual setback, I must press on. Just over nine months left to complete the whole run, and I'm only now just finishing up the Hartnell era...

0 comments:

Post a Comment